Sunday, July 12, 2009

Knowing Perfect When You Have It.


I had a perfect weekend. And I knew it at the time.

Best friends, beautiful weather, long hikes, tooling around in the '28 Model A, cafe time, good food and drink, naps, girl talk, movie night.

Picnics: one wooded, one at the beach. Lobster and champagne on the porch at sunset.

It was summer distilled into the purest 54 hours I am likely to see in '09. I am open to having even better times, I am simply saying that this- this was a large dose of divinity for which I am unfailingly grateful. When I look back on my summer, I will be able to say "hot damn, I got a chance to thoroughly enjoy it, in the moment."

I may have got a sunburn on my knees, but this just means I won't have to rouge 'em when I roll my stockings down.

No comments: