Sunday, January 11, 2009

No Magician, I...

I've been distracted, and have had little specific desire to blog, since- believe it or not- it does require some clarity of thought and purpose. My mind is a muddle, and what little focus it can claim for its own, it actually owes to my work. All of the delight and wonder packed into the finale of 2008 has made for a rough opening to 2009. Not that life in this eleven-day-old year is without its merit, not by a long shot; it is just that deadlines piled up and my role in the community has blossomed to the point where my head spins with the variety of things I need to do.

Of course, I would be the first to confess that my ability to multitask verges on abysmal, so it doesn't take much to set my head a-whirl. Add to that my failure to cleanly pull the table cloth of companionship from beneath the settings of my day-to-day existence, and I am pretty well screwed- at least for a few weeks yet.

I will fill in the record once I have space in my head and some small energy for revelation.

No comments: