Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Say it like you mean it...


Ah, yes, let me actually enter a body of text before I publish this post...

My fingers were numb, forgive me. This icebox is so cold and so sweet.

What was I writing? Oh yes. I was going to count my blessings.

1st. My compost boots. Pink Isaac Mizrahi Wellingtons. From Mardens. I don't think he necessarily designed them to be the go-to boots for fearless wading through snake and tick infested grass, but that's what I like 'em for. They make taking out the compost and the kitty litter a much less terrifying prospect. So a tip of the cap to you, sir.

2nd. My cap. Thank you anonymous Chinese laborers who worked on this Icelandic design, so that an American could buy it at a bon marche price. It is windy today. And it's going to get warmer. Still. You know, the world hasn't had a lot of time to do that daily warming up thing here yet. Again, chores made easier.

3rd. Cat and food? Cat- purely decorative. Well, there's a touch of the familiar- affectionate on her own terms. Otherwise, pretty pissy. Food? Handy for the survival thing; potential for tastiness; gives me something to do. One soils the cedar litter, the other inevitably creates some compost. Which you know, makes me all grateful for my boots and hats. It's a good system.

No comments: